Day 173 - "The Blog Times"

Wednesday, 16 May 2007
Day 173 - "The Blog Times"


My mom and dad started reading my blog this week. Up to now, nobody in the house has read any of the blog entries. And I totally understand why. They don’t need a blog to tell them what they have been living through the past few months. They were there, they saw first hand what I was going through and they themselves experienced what it did to their own lives. No blog… no grouping of carefully picked words can even touch on the pain and despair, hurt and anger that sometimes lay in the house.

I knew that there would come a time where they probably would feel comfortable enough to experience some of it again. I was pleasantly surprised to hear they started reading it and they even suggested my brother start reading it as well. Even though I figured they would eventually be reading it, I think I was pretty honest with my feelings on those days, regardless of how they might be perceived when read in the future.

Most of the people at the office are also now reading the blog. I send the entries to their e-mail a few days after it has been posted. Deciding not to give them the online blog address was a very conscious decision. Since I share my feelings very openly I didn’t want people at the office to know daily exactly how I feel and this while sitting in the same office as me.

The purpose of this blog was always to be shared with anybody and everybody. I have not been proud of some of the things I have done and mentioned here, but it doesn’t make it any less true. I wonder how many people would let their family members or co-workers take a daily peek at their blogs?

1 comments:

joy said...
on

I'm always confused about who I want reading the blog...especially my husband. He knows I'm keeping it, and he knows the address, but he doesn't read it. I thought it would best be left up to him to decide...there is nothing here that he doesn't know, and, as you've said, it's all true stuff. I know some of the things I've written would hurt him, though, and so I'm glad he's not reading. He's got enough on his own to get through...

As usual, your honesty in your recent posts amazes me. It's an inspiration, and I hope that my husband manages to get to the point of being able to be as realistic with himself as you are.