Day 220 – “Baby steps, Giant Leaps”

Monday, 2 July 2007
Day 220 – “Baby steps, Giant Leaps”


It’s dark outside, darker than I’ve seen Polokwane in a while, then again… it is 3 o’clock in the morning. The weather says 5 degrees and even though I haven’t been outside yet I must say it feels a little warmer. I just woke up. It’s my first day at my new job!

We had a monthly meeting in Pretoria and had to leave early to be there in time. I saw HQ for the first time and was really impressed with the building, the offices and the staff. Definitely very professional and I felt a bit bewildered by the forms and questions and fitting and meetings that went on the whole morning.

I’m a bit scared at what lies ahead for me. The job is not something I am completely used to. In fact, besides a few basic things I know in the field I’m pretty much clueless. So from Monday I’ll be in Pretoria for two weeks while I learn more about my job and field.

This weekend I was allowed out of town completely alone while I visited my newly found ‘significant other’. Next week I’ll be in Pretoria for my new job completely alone again. From baby steps to big leaps and still keeping strong. I don’t think I could ever have imagined it going this good 200 days ago!

0 comments: