Day 283 – “Batteries and Signal”

My Heroin Recovery (Monday, 3 September 2007)
Day 283 – “Batteries and Signal”


It is Day 1 of my week visit to Ellisras. I forgot this was one of the places the government wasted money with name changes on and had to double check when I started finding the Lephalale signboards.

I got here just on time this morning after yet another way too early wake up. We are all staying in a big house just outside of Ellisras and it is actually a very nice place. I haven’t slept in the bed yet – but I’ll still miss my own bed tonight.

The cellphone reception here is struggling to stay at one bar. I quickly made a few calls earlier on but even my SMSes aren’t going through. I thought I was really clever and set up the internet on my cellphone before I came. I was going to use it this week to post blogs and check on my facebook profile – so much for that idea!

These past few days have been really hectic. I’ve been up and down between Limpopo and Mpumalanga and Gauteng. I had a terrible week of tooth pain and drugged by pain killers and of course, they stole my office laptop. I thought this week would just add to the chaos of the preceding few weeks but I might be wrong…

It is so quiet here and I am actually enjoying the people I am with. The normal routine at the house and even the chaotic “non-routine routine” of the office is miles away. I think I can really take this time to charge my batteries, just what I needed!

0 comments: