Day 282 – “Don’t quit your day job"

My Heroin Recovery (Sunday, 2 September 2007)
Day 282 – “Don’t quit your day job”


This weekend was the first weekend in a long time that I didn’t see my partner. It felt totally empty not having him with me. He went fishing for the weekend – which I must say is something I haven’t done since I was little and have no intention of adding to my ‘to do’ list soon. Then again, if it means spending time with him – I wouldn’t think twice.

I think that the best of couples get insecure at times, but I must say sometimes the ‘long distance’ thing is a real bitch. It is so much worse when you can’t look somebody in the face to tell them something or when audio over a cellphone is all communication you have for the day. But I’m usually the one that make reminds us both that we both knew this when we entered the relationship.

I went to a “karaoke party” this weekend. It was actually quite fun, luckily I only sang one duet with a guy that thought all the choices were “gay” but who can blame him with an ABBA’s Greatest Hits DVD. I had an interesting evening with one of my friends, somebody with whom a visit was long overdue and I hope we get to do party soon.

Tomorrow is off to Ellisras for the week. On a scale from 1 to 10 my eagerness for this week is hovering in the lower regions. I should be excited because it is a new place which means meeting new people (which is one of my favourite pass times). Then again, it is for work – so that will all depend on how busy they keep us.

My dad is also gone for the week which leaves my mom and brother home alone. It really feels strange being the one who is away from home for a change. Normally everybody else disappears for a few days and I always stay behind. Going to Pretoria or Cape Town for a week would have been a whole other story – but it is a start!

0 comments: