Day 284 – “Off Blog Off”

My Heroin Recovery (Tuesday, 4 September 2007)
Day 284 – “Off Blog Off”


The Blog Off competition ended on Friday and the general opinion: “it is about time!” I am actually excited to see what will happen on the blogs now. Will we get to see some really creative content from the bloggers instead of pasting and begging? I really hope so.

I’d like to think my blog has stayed cleared from those things even though it has had it share of criticism because I won the competition more than once. Still, I feel proud to have shown those awards on my blog because I didn’t beg for votes and I believe the award was on good, original and honest content.

Maybe now, we will see a lot of people that left 24.com returning. Perhaps more because the ending of this competition sends a sign that somewhere out there, there is/[are an] editor(s) listening to our views, requests and concerns.

My facebook profile has a Notes section, only visible to my friends, that updates every time I make a blog post. Sooner or later some of them come across it and I really had some good feedback the past few weeks. It appears to still be doing some good even to those that has no connection to any drugs.

Placing the blog on facebook was something I thought long about. It is different from posting on blogspot or 24.com because it is right there for them to find and read without even searching for it. Then I just remind myself that the blog has never been a secret and up to now the content has proudly been shared with friends, family and strangers everywhere.

As long as it continues to do good – to myself and to other people, I have no problem posting it anywhere!

0 comments: