"Day 8 in Rehab"

Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Rehab - "Day 8 in Rehab"


Rehab, 8 April 2008...

I open my eyes this morning and get handed yet another cup for a urine test. They say these urine tests are random. If only my lotto winnings were this random!

I think the sexual tension is really getting to the people in the clinic. Strange and funny things are happening all over and I’ll only elaborate on some of them... Darrell’s girlfriend came to visit him the weekend and he was very upset that there was no ‘facilities’ for couples to… uhm… reconnect! He suggested to the Matron they consider creating a ‘couples room’ and the Matron just laughed at the idea.

Lynette left this morning. I only got to spend 2 days with her but I’d like to think we became good friends in that time. In a place where you spend so much time together and share so much similar lives I guess it can happen very quickly. After she left Michael spend a huge portion of the day talking to me and was amazed at how down to earth he is.

Ryan* came out of Sedation yesterday and hung underneath the rather since then. It was only today that his personality came out a bit more and we could get to know him. I wouldn’t mind getting to know him better. He had such a contagious smile – like I just wanted to make him laugh to check it the whole day. Oh boy… I think the sexual tension got to me as well.

Unfortunately for Ashok the tension apparently got too much. As I understand it he lured Nila* up the stairs to a secluded corner and kissed her. How this news got to the nurses and management I have no idea but the end result was Ashok getting his final warning and being asked to leave the clinic.

And so ended the 8 day stay of the reluctant druggie called Ashok who started off with a rocky start and literally kissed his rehab stay goodbye.

0 comments: