"Day 10 in Rehab"

Friday, 16 May 2008
Rehab - "Day 10 in Rehab"


Rehab, 10 April 2008...

I have started to follow a nice routine in a place I now refer to as ‘The Hab’. I have genuine intention to continue with this routine when I get home. One of the things I am doing much more now is eating.

The past few months I haven’t had an appetite at all. Some or other drug killed my appetite or the withdrawals were so bad that I was too nauseous to eat. The result was that I was slowly fading away turning into skin and bone. After a few days here I have my appetite back. In fact, I am eating more than I have in a very long time including breakfast which is something I last ate when I was in school.

I mentioned last time that we are on a medicine program and they are gradually reducing the medicine quantity over a 16 day period. Yesterday morning I stood in the ATM Queue: the ATM by the way is what we call the Medicine Dispensary since the queue is normally longer than at ABSA on month-end and you make medicine ‘withdrawals’. So, I’m standing in the queue and I get my daily dosage. Another nurse walks in, sees me standing there and gives me my dose of medicine again.

I’ve been complaining for days the dose is too little and I’m still having pain so I welcomed the ‘mistake’ but they soon realize they gave me the dose again and I was in trouble for not saying anything. The nurse said I’m not getting anything tomorrow which has me worried. As I left the ATM I thought to myself – once a druggie, always a druggie!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
on
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.