"R for Results!"

Friday, 9 May 2008
Current Recovery - "R for Results!"


I would like to thank you for sharing the first few days of my rehab experience with me. I get amazing comfort in sharing these stories because they all helped me in getting clean and even today they contribute to me staying clean. My name is Christiaan and today I am 39 days clean.

It sounds almost impossible but I haven’t felt like using drugs one single time. I don’t want to elaborate much until I tell you how I got here but I can promise you I haven’t felt like this in my whole life. I can’t imagine exchanging this feeling for any drug or drink.

I went to my first AA and NA meetings in Polokwane and it was really wonderful. I would recommend it to anybody and even now I see people suffering around me who don’t take this very important step in their life.

I have a much better relationship with God and even that is improving with each day that passes. I couldn’t ask for better results. It all feels like a dream at the moment – like I’ll wake up at any moment and find myself still suffering in Rehab. The most important thing is the comfort and relaxation I see in my parents’ eyes. I don’t think I’ve seen that in a decade.

You’ll understand that, especially now, I cannot blog every day as I would have liked to. There is still a lot of aftercare that I have to do and my life is far from being on track. Still I will continue the Rehab updates and the current recovery updates as often as I can. I am entering a new part of my life and can’t wait to share every detail with you. I hope you’ll all check back while we finally experience my heroin recovery…

0 comments: