Day 28/10 - "Four Weeks"

Thursday, 21 December 2006 - Day 28/10 - "Four Weeks"

It has been 4 whole weeks since I’ve started my Heroin Recovery. It is a bit anti-climactic to celebrate 28 days when the number 10 is right there next to it reminding me of my failure. Even so, I am more optimistic, positive and eager than ever to continue this fight and beat the 18 days I’ve been clean.

I know that I am not responsible for my recovery alone. The first and last decision might lie with me, but it is what happens in between that makes all the difference. It is the family spread out across the country, the friends in this and other cities, my parents and my brother who has brought me to this day. They have all been helping me, supporting me – some of them not being able to lead normal lives since I made these wrong decisions in my own life.

Yesterday, because of a busy day at work, I wasn’t able to post my blog entry during the day as usual. Funny thing happened, people started contacting me asking if I was okay. They weren’t used to the late posting and figured something was up. It was a real eye opener, a reminder, not so much of the fact that there are people out there keeping an eye on my progress, people who are also disappointed when I fail, but a reminder that they are also there supporting me, helping me and praying for me.

I will always keep the counters at the top of this page as a reminder of how long I’ve been in my recovery and how long I’ve been clean. I can only hope never to reset any of the counters again. But the counters are reminder of so much more. A reminder of the amount of time I’ve spent on these blogs meeting people – people that have become my strength, my sponsors and my friends!