Day 229 – “Unimaginable Scenario”

Wednesday, 11 July 2007
Day 229 – “Unimaginable Scenario”


My favorite part about coming home to Polokwane at night is the lights. It is a sea of lights in the distance that makes you realize just how big this little struggling city is. You might even forget all its short comings for a brief moment. It still has a long way to go before we’ll compare it to Midrand’s flashy lights, but definitely progressing in the direction. You might ask yourself why I’m talking about Polokwane’s lights if I’m in Pretoria. That is the question indeed!

I went to Pretoria on Monday for two weeks of training. Monday alone I did things I’ve never done before and I realize again just how different this job is from what I’m used to. In my two days in Pretoria I met 4 people from Polokwane, 3 of whom where there on training at other companies – small world hey. I got stuck in a mother of a traffic jam on the R21 on Monday afternoon and I got lost somewhere in the Krugersdorp direction on Tuesday. You just have to love Gauteng!

Half way through Monday the Directors inform me that I have to go back to Polokwane because there is too much work to be completed and I need to help. So, my training was postponed until later this month.

Of course during this week the people close to me have been a bit worried because I look so exhausted. My job is a lot more demanding physically and has a lot more driving – and I’m just not used to it all yet. I understand their concern, though. All these changes could prove too much for me and I could resort back to heroin to break away from it all. I’m aware of the danger but have to admit the thought hasn’t even crossed my mind. In fact, I can’t imagine a scenario where I’d ever take again!

0 comments: