Day 299 – “Understand. Understood.”

My Heroin Recovery (Wednesday, 19 September 2007)
Day 299 – “Understand. Understood.” (PRE-WRITTEN)


The cat is out of the bag and I’m guessing there are currently loads of people with a lot of questions to ask. However before we get to the ‘how’ or the ‘why’, to the ‘what the hell is wrong with you’ or ‘what went through your mind’, there are a few things I think I need to address first.

When I first started this blog it was as a diary to keep track of the progress I hoped I would be making. From the very first day my blog entries were very surprisingly, received extremely well, which gave me so much more reason and determination to make it to the next day. Before long, many of the devoted readers literally counted the hours until I made my next post and if I disappeared for too long it was only a matter of time before the messages came through to check up on me.

After a few weeks my blog became a tool to the many friends, mothers or fathers and brothers or sisters who were either fighting their own battle with heroin addiction or trying desperately to help a loved one fight theirs. I realized back then that telling my story was much more than just a diary for me to look back on one day – to some people it was their last hope, hope that against the odds it was possible, it didn’t have to be a death sentence.

I am a heroin addict, currently addicted to heroin!
I am saying these words to you today not to invoke sympathy, because remember by the time you read this, I would hopefully have stopped taking. I am not trying to give excuses or hide behind default answers that you might keep getting from your own loved ones – because remember, I could have kept quiet. My purpose with the posts of the next few days and weeks is what it has always been – to try and understand this addiction and rise above it and in the process help other to understand it too.

0 comments: