Day 70/52 – “Seventy!”

Thursday, 1 February 2007 – Day 70/52 – “Seventy!”

I didn’t like it. The first time I smoked it, I didn’t like it at all. I’ve never been a big smoking fan - cigarettes, weed, crack… the whole smoking thing just never caught my interest. But I was then, as I am now, a curious and experimental person. I would try anything once. This was the time I tried crack cocaine.

I remember taking cocaine the first time – didn’t like it. I was a pill junky and anything that didn’t give me ecstasy high just wasn’t going to do. I tried it anyway. I don’t think it was a liking in it that made me try it the second time – maybe just wanted to give it another try cause everybody else was doing it (see the problem there). Soon, I was trying it 3-4 times a week.

So, when I smoked crack the first time I didn’t like it that much either. Again, very possibly because I was comparing it to my drug of choice – ecstasy. In true experimental fashion I tried it again and again and again. And as damaging and dangerous as heroin is – crack is just a vicious drug.

The affect of smoking crack rocks is not long lasting. Soon after you’ve smoked one you want another, and another, and another. I can’t even describe it. It is this purgatory where your only feeling is I want more, your only thought is how to get more and your only action is going to get more. But then again… that is what all drugs do to me!

Today, I've been in recovery 70 days... whoo-haaa...
The power in Pietersburg went out last night – thank you Eskom! I have to thank everybody for participating in the ‘blog couch’ question asking. I received so many questions it will take me the whole weekend to give them the attention they deserve – so look out for them on Monday. Receiving so many made me realize there is still a lot of questions that need answering – stuff you don’t know about me, stuff I don’t know about myself. But then again that was the purpose of doing it – so thank you!

0 comments: