Day 144 - "Getting up"

Tuesday, 17 April 2007
Day 144 / 68 - "Getting up"


This weekend I thought that after a day at the office things might turn out different. That maybe the optimism I felt this weekend was short lived and that I would return to my depro, negative self as soon as the week started. I am extremely pleased to announce – that was not the case!

I said what I had to say yesterday and I’m hoping that even in my blogging the excellent mood I am in is clearly visible. I want to stand on top of the world and shout ‘Hooha…’ or something less Al Pacino.

I finally went to Mugg and Bean on Friday night after weeks of delays. I love the place. Once again I find myself totally mesmerized with restaurants, new places and people. One of my favourite things to do is stand in Menlyn mall and look at all the different people around me. You get the strangest characters sometimes. I love that about Gauteng. In Polokwane everything is weird. The slightest deviation from the normal and people check you out like you have the plague.

And of course Polokwane is small enough so that word gets around. People I haven’t seen or spoken to in years suddenly know I’m a heroin addict. People start to say ‘Did you hear?’ when my name is mentioned. Did you hear he is a heroin addict? Did you here how bad he looks? Did you hear he took again? Did you hear? Did you hear? Did you hear?

And where most will probably not take the time to find out how it is actually going, the most important one of them all will never forget! They say that failing is not in the falling down, but in the staying down. If that is so, then I have one thing to say: “Did you hear? I have fallen but I have gotten up!”

0 comments: