Day 58/40 - "3 Feet Under (By TiN)"

Saturday, 20 January 2007 - Day 58/40 - "3 Feet Under (By TiN)"

Withdrawal is like 3 feet under,
Halfway to my grave...

Retching into the toilet bowl
Attacking the centre core of my soul,
This parasitic hunger yearns for release
But the signs say Don't feed the beast.
Sweating profusely from this narcotic low
Remember : " You reap what you sow"
The memory of numbness fades
Learning to live life AGAIN, my latest escapade.

I'm the type
Who used to live life through a straw or pipe
Believed all the hype

Now i stare in the mirror
Sunken eyes speak of past failure
'Who are you?
you stranger
Seeking escape
You're a drug addict for fucks sake

Recovery is like being born again
Learning to survive through this unbelievable pain
Withdrawal is like being 3 feet under :
Deep darkness and burning hunger.
Halfway to my grave,
Entrenched in addiction, I'm the slave

The road to freedom
Strengthens my reason
to conquer this issue,
With many more a tissue

I want to live, natural high, let me try...

3 Feet under...
My pipe, my straw
Halfway to your grave...

Withdrawal is like 3 feet under,
Halfway to my grave...

Posted with permission by a Fellow Recovering Addict - TiN (read more here)

0 comments: