Day 87/10 – “Poll/Discussion 5”

Sunday, 18 February 2007 - Day 87/10 – “Poll/Discussion 5”

The question for the past two weeks were:
What is your favorite drug movie? Doesn’t have to be a movie about heroin, it could be a movie about any legal, illegal, real or fictitious drugs.

The usual movies made their appearance along with my most favorite off all drug movies: “Requiem for a Dream”. It is a story about four lives, four addicts, four failures. The four people have such aspirations for themselves and their lives but they succumb to their addictions. The movie sees them spiral out of control and you see the ugly hell in which addicts reside in. Absolutely brilliant point of view, camera angles, effects and portray of drug addiction. It is shocking and an eye opener for addicts and non-addicts alike.

Of course you don’t mention drug movies, especially heroin drug movies without mentioning ‘Trainspotting’. A wild story about a heroin addict’s habit and how he tries to break it and give up heroin. It is very ‘unclean’ in it is portray of the drug habits of the lower class.

Other drug movies include: “Midnight Express”, “BasketBall Diaries”, “Pulp Fiction”, “The Beach”, “Blow”, “Human Traffic” and “Go”.

It is the three big ones for me about heroin: “Requiem for a Dream”, “Trainspotting” and “Basketball Diaries” that lie here waiting for me to watch them. I don’t crave heroin and I can’t imagine every going back to that lifestyle – but I remember those movies well enough to know how dangerous they are to me still.

Heroin wasn’t all bad. I know I’m not suppose to be talking about the good times I had with heroin. It is in bad taste anyway, since a lot of people are still hurting because of those ‘good times’. But there is a pleasure in it – after all that is why people keep doing it. And watching a movie like ‘Trainspotting’ even with all that ‘bad’ in your face – you still might, for a brief moment, think its not so bad. Its not so addictive or destcructive. But believe me – you will be wrong!

OK, so this week’s question will be for those that follow the blog and want to put in some effort answering. I have gone through 87 days today, that is 88 pieces telling my story of recovery. Which piece or pieces told you or informed you the most of the problem of heroin addiction and what heroin addicts go through?

0 comments: