Day 89/12 – “The Postbox (Part 1)”

Tuesday, 20 February 2007 – Day 89/12 – “The Postbox (Part 1)”

I haven’t been there in three months. I haven’t been consciously avoiding it… but I have been avoiding going there. Not so much because I’m afraid of memories or passive instigation but because I don’t want anybody to question my presence there. It was one of the mayor ways I got the drugs into the house. This is the three part story about The Postbox…

It was quite a while that passed since I told my parents about my Heroin Addiction. We were all hopeful that this problem would soon be gone. I saw the doctor. Got the medicine. I was going to get clean! I still had access to my accounts at that point and could basically come and go as I pleased. My parents thought I was doing great but in the meantime I never stopped taking. Slowly as they learned I wasn’t as honest as I pretended to be – the walls closed in and I was confined to the house and my room.

This was the same room I would spend countless hours lying on the bed too sore to move, too depressed to stand up, to ashamed to show my face. This was the room I would stand and arrange for the next drop off. This was the room I would shoot up heroin.

By this time my parents were watching me closely. They couldn’t really tell if I was using just by looking at me – because I was on so much medicine. This is an art they perfected since then. They soon learned that even though I looked fine – I could still be using. But they could never understand how I seemingly stopped for so long and then just started again.

What they didn’t know at the time. What they couldn’t know. Was that I never stopped. I was sneaking the drugs in!


Part 2 and 3 continues the rest of the week…

0 comments: