Day 107 – “Heroin (a Poem by Mandy)”

Saturday, 10 March 2007
Day 107 / 30 (59) – “Heroin (a Poem by Mandy)”


Heroin, Heroin, with all of its glory
let me tell you about my story
Heroin, Heroin, with all of its fame
its the one I take the blame

Heroin, Heroin, feels good in my veins
and it relieves all of my pains
When I first starting shootin' it, it turned me on
now I regret it when its gone

Its only been hours since I ran out
my once soothed nerves begin to shout
I start to yawn and I sneeze
I beg my dealer" I need some PLEASE!"

I need a fix before the Jones
begins to run throughout my bones
I sweat and shiver
and my stomach begins to quiver

I puke and shit
hours after my last hit
As time goes by I get sicker and I curse
"these withdrawal symptoms only get worse!"

I thought shooting H was slick
but now I am very sick
As I wait for my dealers beep
I try to get some sleep

I pray and hope
that he will arrive with some dope
I can't wait to stick the needle in my arm
Why must I do so much harm?

These withdrawal symptoms are driving me crazy
my mind is getting hazy
Until my dealer answers my call
he tells me to meet him at the mall

I literally get on my hands and knees for this punk
he's the man who deals out my junk
I buy just enough to last a day
this should make me feel okay

I just want to feel well after this deal
who cares if I haven't any money left for a meal
I take out my needle and I boot
I start to feel it as I shoot

Within seconds I feel well
I say to myself "Oh what the hell"
the rush feels good and the Jones went away
only to return the very next day

Around and around this monkey I am chasing
my body not knowing what its facing
If I keep going at this rate
the needle will control my fate

But whenever I try to stop
the craving takes a hold of me and I flop
Its like my only lover is my dope
without it there is no hope

I become self centered caring only of me
I have no friends nor family
whenever I nod out
I can't hear the people that care shout

I keep on telling myself "I need to end this madness
this heroin business brings nothing but sadness"
I avoid all of my connections
and fight my urge for injections

If I don't stop all of this abuse
I will wind up living like a recluse
I need to kick this fucking monkey
and end my life as a junkie

To remain clean
is to avoid the heroin scene

0 comments: