Day 276 – “Talent”

My Heroin Recovery (Monday, 27 August 2007)
Day 276 – “Talent”


In a week I will be at my new job 2 months. I have surprised myself just how much I enjoy this despite view of some of the people around me. Lets face facts, I sat in an office in front of a computer for most of my working career. And personally I think I was good at it. Now, I’m climbing masts and doing much more physical work. Whether I’ve got any talent for this remains to be seen, but nobody can accuse me of not giving it a try.

I’m in Pretoria today. We have training tomorrow morning early again and I decided it best to come through tonight. I had to take a detour of 2 hours to fetch something for somebody but due to poor arrangement this item was not there. I have to say, I’ve found myself in a lot of poorly planned situations lately and it really creates a bad impression of the company – perhaps one area they can work on.

I stopped by my ex on the way to Pretoria. I had a little bit more time this time around and decided to stay for a drink. He recently met somebody and you can clearly see how happy he is. Unfortunately, he has a tendency to ruin most of his relationships in attempts that sometimes look like pure sabotage. So I hope that this one works out for him.

Of course, I’ll tell my partner of this, even though I haven’t yet. The visit was really innocent, so I have no need to hide it. Afterall, I do regard him as a close friend now. One thing I can say about my job is it keeps me on my toes and it keeps me busy. It is exciting and new and features little routine events. It is looking more and more asif this was exactly what I needed in my life!

0 comments: