Day 279 – “Soccer”

My Heroin Recovery (Thursday, 30 August 2007)
Day 279 – “Soccer”


The first thing I took this morning were pain pills. My mouth looked like a soccer ball and I spoke funny. When I opened my eyes this morning I knew today this tooth had to come out – it couldn’t go on like this. I got an appointment after work today and had the wisdom tooth removed. It only took a few minutes in the dentist chair and even though I can’t really tell at the moment I have to say I can just feel the pain is finally gone.

Some people wondered regarding the dentist and my addiction. Even though I cannot take anything with codeine or morphine in it, the dentist uses something else – and according to my doctor this will not cause a problem. After the dentist appointment tonight I didn’t feel well at all. This week’s medication overload is starting to show!

The tooth is gone now, but unfortunately so is something else in my life! At work today (in another town) I was sent to go and get some water because we were working in the sun and it was a scorching day. I went into the shop, got the water and when I got back to the work bakkie found the window broken and my office laptop stolen! come people… gasp with me!

I spent most of the day at the Police Office getting a case number. While I was there a tourist couple drove in, also with a broken window. Apparantly the same happened to them, not even a block from where I was parked. According to them they are in South Africa for ONE day only from London and now this happens. I said that I hoped this didn’t create a bad impression and she quickly replied that it most certainly did and she was going to spread it. I just thought of the Soccer World Cup at that moment – what a field day these criminals will have then!?

Anyway it sounds asif the laptop will be replaced and my MD didn’t look too upset when I saw him today. However well they take it – I didn’t exactly want to be the one that loses a laptop not even two months into his new job!

0 comments: