Day 278 – “The pain of wisdom”

My Heroin Recovery (Wednesday, 29 August 2007)
Day 278 – “The pain of wisdom”


Like I explained last night I had to stay in Pretoria for an extra night. Normally I pack for an extra day so fortunately I had clothes to wear today. I got a call from the guest house this morning on my way back to Polokwane to inform me that I forgot my extra denim there this morning.

So, I phoned the office to ask one of the ladies if they would fetch it for me. On asking her if she’d go fetch my denim she queries what I was wearing then… I replied: “only my underwear, it looks nice… you want come and check!” Bad Christiaan!

I forgot it this morning because I almost overslept. This one guy at the office arranged that we meet each other at 5 o’clock to load the stock. So, at 5 o’clock we pitch up and waited for him for 30 minutes. How nice for him… I really hope he enjoyed the few minutes extra he could sleep when we got up early! Again, with the bad arrangements – seems to be a habit in the office.

This day was one big disaster. My tooth was acting up and I was on a trip because of all the medication I was taking. But this meant nothing to the people that worked with me. They sent Courier Christiaan up and down and up and down the whole day. We did the job we were supposed to do and found a problem somewhere. So, we redid everything to double check and after an exhausting day of doing everything twice – found that the stock we received were faulty. I am just reserving comment on this one!

I guess you get good days and bad days. This week’s tooth pain is really getting to me and because of the medicine it is affecting my work. I’m trying to get an appointment to get the tooth removed, but as dentists are – I can’t get an appointment, especially not one that meets my schedule at the moment. It will have to wait until Saturday it seems. This week won’t be getting better soon!

0 comments: