Day 277 – “Souvenir”

My Heroin Recovery (Tuesday, 28 August 2007)
Day 277 – “Souvenir”


I thought I’d be in my own bed tonight but find myself in Pretoria for another night. I decided that I won’t be spending tonight all alone in a guest house and called one of my friends. We haven’t really spent that much time together in a while, infact, if it wasn’t for facebook we’d still be looking for each other. The plan to do something for the evening then was actually a good one.

I started having tooth pain last week but due to my hectic work schedule couldn’t get close to a dentist. I’ve been taking pain pills and disprins when the tooth acts up. This weekend my tooth decided to punish me for all the times I forgot to brush in an unbearable pain that I have never felt before. First thing yesterday morning I made a dentist appointment and had the tooth fixed.

Last night and today during my training I ate disprins like they were going out of fashion to help with the unbearable tooth pain that… yes… still continued. I don’t know what the dentist did, but the pain was now worse. I was actually surprised at how well disprins helped for the pain and since I am limited to the type of medication I can take it was the safer choice aswell.

My friend and I went to a very nice place in Centurion that even had a performer for the evening. Luckily we were done when he started singing because even though he wasn’t half bad he was extremely loud and communicating to somebody sitting next to me was nearly impossible. I can’t remember his name now, but the crowd made it clear he was a regular and a favourite.

Our waiter was one of the sweetest characters around and it was really nice chatting to him. I had a few drinks (yes, I know… spank me why don’t you) and this mixed with the pain killers I took left me giggling like a little school girl. Our poor waiter got most of the silliness and I think I asked him if I could take him home with me at one point. Of course this would just be as a souvenir for my evening out and nothing more!

Slightly better day even with the tooth pain. Who knows where I’ll find myself tomorrow!

0 comments: