Day 132 - "It’s the weekend, baby!"

Thursday, 5 April 2007
Day 132 / 56 (59) - "It’s the weekend, baby!"


I am really looking forward to this weekend. We are closing early today which rarely happens these days and My dad is turning 50 on Sunday and they are going to his brother for the weekend.

I decided to take time this weekend to catch up on some of my computer programming, writing and movies and all that other stuff I keep postponing. And since my parents aren’t here the weekend I’m making breakfast. This way I can make a mess as much as I want – as long as it is clean before Sunday night. I’m thinking bacon, eggs, sausages, toast, maybe some pancakes due to the wet weather we’ve been having.

My parents are a bit concerned going away for a weekend and leaving me almost unsupervised (for lack of a better word). I say a bit because I guess the doubt is always there. One never knows what the decisions are I could make on a day. We all just hope it can go as good as it has been going. But this is great practice for July. My parents are going on holiday for 2 weeks in July to visit family.

And if July goes without incident I am planning to go away for a week after that. I don’t know where yet, but it will depend on what the finances will allow. I just know that I deserve a few days away from this place. I deserve to go somewhere where I’ve always wanted to go or haven’t been in a long time.

Anyway, that’s the holiday schedule. I hope you have a fantastic weekend and that you get to spend it with family or friends.

0 comments: