"Day 12 in Rehab"

Wednesday, 21 May 2008
Rehab - "Day 12 in Rehab"
Rehab, 12 April 2008...


“Julle fokken druggies…”
The words echoed in my head as I went to bed last night. Some drunk Boksburg idiot who obviously belongs in the clinic decided his kick for the night would be to stand outside the gates of the clinic and shout remarks at the top of his lungs. It set the mood for what would be one of the worst days I would have in rehab so far.

It started yesterday already. People were spreading stories about Bernice and Pieter (alleged couple number 1) and about Jodi and Ryan (alleged couple number 2). Like I mentioned yesterday everybody was watching for them to break the rules and since they weren’t breaking them people just started spreading rumours and trying to get them into trouble. They were obviously upset by this.

Some idiot in the clinic decided that he was bored and started hiding things from the clinic. First the black pool ball disappeared, then the DSTV remote and then food and things from the rooms. Management decided to start searching the rooms and closets but found none of the missing stuff. Instead they found money and phone cards on some of the patients – something which we are not suppose to have.

The whole chummy atmosphere of the clinic changed into people suspicious and negative towards each other. Bernice, Pieter, Jodi, Ryan and even Darrell started talking about leaving since the atmosphere was helping nobody get better.

Now, you might be asking what this has to do with me… for that you’ll have to read next time. I can tell you this, I suddenly realized something that left me in a flat spin. I felt hopeless and scared. My whole approach to this clinic would have to change!

0 comments: