"Day 17 in Rehab"

Wednesday, 28 May 2008
Rehab - "Day 17 in Rehab"
Rehab, 17 April 2008…


I spoke to the nurse on duty tonight to get moved out of the Penthouse (the room where I’m sleeping). The rest of the guys there have no consideration for my feelings. The other night with Julius keeping me awake was just the tip of the iceberg. The rest of the time they just do what they like, shouting, screaming and making noise while they stand right next to each other.

We managed that I move into the room where Darrell is sleeping and somebody else move into the Penthouse. Now, up to now nobody else wanted to move into the Penthouse because of the noise and disrespect. Every few days people are suppose to move into different rooms but everybody refused to move into the Penthouse. Charlie* however had no problem moving. He wasn’t a guy that anybody would walk over. He was about 3x my size to start with and didn’t keep his mouth shut for anybody.

This morning when the rest of the room saw me moving out and Charlie moving in they freaked, accusing people of being racist and the ‘white people’ of sending people to ‘discipline them’. They said it! I just kept quiet!

To tell you the truth I was sick and tired of it. Too many people in this clinic and in my life have walked over me because it is so easy. I can’t say No and people take advantage of it. I’m trying to change that but it is harder than I thought.

In the mean time I’m still deciding whether I should stay a week longer or not. I didn’t have a good day at all today but we’ll talk about that tomorrow.

0 comments: