"Full Circle"

Monday, 26 May 2008
Current Recovery - "Full Circle"


It is Monday, 26 May 2008. Today, I thought I’d update you a bit on how it is going in the real life since I came back from my rehab stay.

I feel like a brand new person, with a new lust for life, new activities to keep me busy, new friends and a new lifestyle. I can’t wish for a better direction to head my life into. Even though I am still bothered by constant body pains, occasional depression, tiredness and exhaustion these are all minor symptoms to a much bigger battle I am winning every day.

I attend regular AA and NA meetings and I am getting incredible help from the people there. The days when there are no meetings or I can’t get to one I attend online meetings. I found a Sponsor and I’m busy working the Step Program, which by the way has been a brilliant self discovery.

But the most amazing thing is for the first time in my life I am not only attending church but extra church activities. I literally count the days in anticipation until I can attend each one. My relationship with God has gone from virtually non-existent to amazingly personal. He is my ‘best friend’ and has blessed me today with 56 clean days.

Last time around I already relapsed when I got to this day, I took drugs a few times and substituted alcohol like there was no tomorrow. If you had to compare my life back then to one today – well, I don’t even think there is a comparison, I hardly know where to find the words to describe it to you. But you can ask my church, my friends, even those that occasionally bump into me in the shopping mall and most definitely my family - maybe they’ll be able to find the words!

0 comments: